Amazon Alexa has been turning tables with its new collaborations and supporting services. The company previously introduced ordering pizzas by asking Alexa to place an order. It also recently announced a collaboration with Uber, so…
Yes! Your Alexa can order food with Uber Eats. Once you give a voice command, your order is placed, and a ride is requested immediately.
Let me show you how it works!
Can Alexa order an Uber?
Yes, Alexa can order an Uber following your voice only. There is no need to do it manually on your phone anymore. You can command your Alexa to order an Uber for you, and it will arrange the ride of your choice right at your doorstep.
Here are a few voice commands that you can use to order an Uber with Alexa:
- “Alexa, please ask Uber to request a ride.”
- “Alexa, ask Uber where my ride is?”
- “Alexa, ask Uber to request Uber X.”
- “Alexa, ask Uber to request an Uber Go.”
However, you need to enable the Uber skill first to do this!
How to connect Uber to Alexa?
You can link your Uber Account with Alexa voice assistant by enabling the Uber Alexa Skill. Here is how you can do that:
- Start by opening the ‘Settings’ of your Alexa app.
- Set the ‘Location’ of your Echo.
- Go to the ‘Skills’ section of the Alexa App.
- Enable the ‘Uber Skill.’
- Now link your Uber account.
And it’s done!
How to book and order an Uber with Alexa?
Amazon’s collaboration with Uber changed how you can work around your Alexa. It lets you perform a range of new features, including booking and ordering an Uber. You can follow these steps to book an Uber with Amazon Alexa:
- Launch the Amazon Alexa application on your phone or tablet device.
- Enable the Uber Skill (in the Skills and Games section).
- Log in with your existing Uber account or sign up for a new one.
- Uber will send you a 4-digit code for verification.
- Enter the verification code and tap ‘Verify.’
- Select ‘Allow for Uber’ to access your location.
- Your Uber is now linked with your Alexa-enabled device.
- Ask your Alexa to order an Uber for you by saying, “Alexa, please ask Uber to request a ride”.
Can you order food online with Alexa?
Suppose you have an Alexa-enabled device like the Amazon Echo or Echo Dot. In that case, you can use the Amazon Voice Shopping feature to shop online using only your voice! You can also ask your Alexa to track your food deliveries by saying, “Alexa, track my orders”. You will receive a tracking report based on the tracking details of each item ordered.
Not only this, but your Alexa can also reorder your old food orders for you by saying, “Alexa, reorder my last order from Domino’s”.
How much does Uber Eats cost?
Like every other service, Uber Eats charges a fee as well. You will have to pay a 15% fee for self-deliveries and 25% fee for orders delivered by Uber Eats people.
This charge is reasonable when compared to other delivery services.
Related FAQs to can Alexa order Uber Eats!
How do you ask Alexa about delivery?
To ask Alexa about a delivery, say, “Alexa, where’s my stuff”, or “Alexa, track my order”, and Alexa will let you know the estimated date of arrival of your package or information about the delay.
Can Alexa order coffee?
Yes, all you need to say is, “Alexa, order my Starbucks”, and your usual order will be placed at Starbucks.
Do I have to be an Amazon prime user to order with Alexa?
Yes, this service is only exclusively available for Amazon Prime members. While ordering from Amazon Restaurants, you must be a Prime member.
Final thoughts on whether Alexa can order Uber Eats!
After its recent collaboration with Uber, Amazon Alexa can now order Uber Eats for you whenever you want! You can always use this convenient way to order your food online as a hands-free experience, using only your voice.
All you must do is enable the Uber Skill on your Alexa-enabled device, and you’re good to go! Happy ordering!