Life has become super easy thanks to wired security Doorbell cameras. Previously, people had to go to the door to check for deliveries and such, but now, you can simply monitor who’s at the door, even from your bed.
Arlo Video Doorbell is a prime example of this, which is designed to make your life easier and more secure. But at times, you might encounter an issue with your Doorbell, such as when Arlo Doorbell does not capture deliveries. Well, we know how to solve this issue! Read on to find out.
Why is my Arlo Doorbell not capturing deliveries?
Your Arlo Doorbell might not be capturing deliveries due to the package alerts toggle option being off. Go to your app’s settings and turn it on. If that’s not the issue, then reset or reboot your Doorbell.
Methods to make your Arlo Doorbell capture deliveries
Here are some quick solutions to fixing this issue. Go through each one to make sure your Doorbell works perfectly again!
Turn the Package Alerts option ON
Arlo provides smart alert toggle options for packages, people, animals, etc. There is a chance your package alerts toggle option is off, due to which your Doorbell isn’t capturing the deliveries. Follow the steps below to turn it on.
- Open your Arlo application
- Navigate to Settings
- Click on Smart Notifications
- Here, choose Arlo Video Doorbell
- Select the Adjust Toggles option
- Toggle ON the Package Alerts
Toggle the Package Alerts OFF then ON
It might be possible that the package alerts toggle option is already “on”, but still, your Doorbell is not responding properly. For this, follow the few steps mentioned below:
- Toggle the Package Alerts OFF if it was already ON
- Close the Arlo application
- Wait for a few minutes
- Open the application
- Visit the Settings again
- Tap on Adjust Toggles
- Toggle ON the Package Alerts again
If this doesn’t fix the issue, then you need to check your subscription settings.
Check your subscription
If your Doorbell stopped capturing deliveries right after you updated your subscription, then the issue may lie here. You need to check your Arlo Smart Plan to see whether your Doorbell is added to it or not. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Download the Arlo application if you don’t have it
- Sign in to your account
- Tap on the Subscription option
- Here, tap the Manage Cameras option
- Add your camera for delivery capturing here
Keep in mind to re-add your camera to the plan whenever you renew your subscription package.
Reboot your Arlo Doorbell
Rebooting helps most of the time by turning your device off then back on to refresh it. This does not reset your Doorbell, so your settings won’t go anywhere. You can reboot your Doorbell in two ways as follows:
Rebooting through the application
Follow the steps mentioned below to easily reboot your Doorbell using the Arlo application.
- Open your Arlo application
- Locate the Doorbell Device Card Settings option and tap on it
- Scroll down until you reach the bottom
- Tap on Restart
If you don’t have the app, then simply reboot your Doorbell manually by following the steps below:
- Turn off the power to the breaker
- Wait for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Turn the Doorbell ON
Perform a factory reset
If the above-mentioned methods don’t solve your problem, then perform a factory reset on your Doorbell. A factory reset will switch your device back to the default factory settings and delete all your settings. Follow the steps mentioned below to perform a reset:
- Take the release pin that came with your Doorbell. It must be in the box. If you can’t find it, then take a similar object such as a paperclip.
- Press and hold the reset button located at the back of the Doorbell for 15 seconds.
- Observe if the Doorbell’s LED light starts flashing white. This would indicate that a factory reset has started.
Once all of this is done, the Doorbell is now configured to the default factory settings.
Add your device back to the app
Once you are done with the reset process now, you need to add your device back to your account. Follow these steps to do so:
- Sign in to the Arlo application
- Then, tap Add New Device
- Choose the Arlo Video Doorbell option
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen
- Make sure to toggle ON the Package Alerts
If you don’t have the Arlo application, you can also use the Arlo website. Still, if none of the steps are working, you need to contact Arlo support for your device query.
Final words on Arlo Doorbell not capturing deliveries!
The Arlo Doorbell is a super convenient device that makes life easier for us, but at times it might not perform how you want it to. Not capturing deliveries is a small issue that can usually be solved with a simple toggle. Following the above-mentioned methods should solve your issue perfectly! If they don’t work, then make sure to contact Arlo support right away.
Wondering how to get the most out of your Philips Hue sytem? Well, we've got 18 advanced tips to master illumination!
Is your Philips Hue light bulb a Z-wave? In this post we explain all there is to learn about the topic. To learn more read this article now!