The SoundLink Revolve series from Bose is by far one of the company’s best Bluetooth speakers. Its 360-degree sound ensures that your sound gets maximum, consistent and uniform coverage in the entire space. Robust and water-resistant, you can also control this speaker via Siri and Google Home. But, where did Alexa go? Can Bose SoundLink connect to Alexa?
To be the ultimate choice for a smart, all-rounded speaker, having Bose SoundLink connect to Alexa may do it for users. Even though this is not possible by default for the SoundLink series, there is a way to get this done. Keep reading to know more!
Let’s take a look at what makes Bose SoundLink so great and why most users seek a way to connect it to Alexa instead of purchasing one that has this feature built-in.
Prominent Features of the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speakers
- 360- degree Sound Coverage: The sound radiates in a 360-degree pattern, regardless of wherever the speakers are placed. This gives everyone around an immersive experience as the sound travels consistently and uniformly throughout.
- Extreme Portability: The speakers are shaped to be carried around easily, wherever you go. Its round, sleek figure gives it an aesthetic look and makes these speakers extremely handy and portable.
- Water Resistant and Durable Design: A few accidental splashes by the pool or in the shower will not do any damage to your speakers.
- Long-lasting Battery: The Bose SoundLink charges on the base, retaining its battery life for up to 13 hours.
Can Bose SoundLink connect to Alexa?
By default, the Bose SoundLink series does not have built-in Alexa. To establish connection, you will need to first connect your Alexa-enabled Echo to your Bose speaker via the installation of an Alexa skill. The Bose SoundLink Revolve does not have Wi-Fi connectivity, which means that you cannot link your speakers to Alexa directly.
How to connect Bose SoundLink to Alexa?
In just 4 few simple and easy steps, you can successfully connect your Bose SoundLink to your Alexa device. For this demonstration, I have chosen the Bose SoundLink Revolve. For the SoundLink series, the method to make this happen would be somewhat similar.
Here is what you need to do.
Step 1: Enable the Bluetooth on Bose SoundLink Revolve
Turn on your speakers and press the Bluetooth button on the device. This will initiate the Bluetooth pairing process.
Step 2: Sign in to your Amazon account
Access your Alexa application and sign in using your Amazon account credentials. In case you do not have an account already, sign up for one.
Step 3: Choose the Alexa device you want to pair with your speakers
From your application’s ‘Home’ screen, go to ‘Devices’ and then to the ‘Echo & Alexa’ tab. You can see all your Alexa devices listed here. Choose the device that you want to pair with your Bose speakers.
Step 4: Pair your Bose SoundLink speakers with your Alexa device
After you have opted for an Alexa device, you need to access the ‘Bluetooth Devices’ section and tap on ‘Pair a new device.’ You can see all devices up for pairing listed here. Now, select your Bose SoundLink Revolve speakers to complete the pairing process.
You are good to go! Now you can play any sound via a voice command to your Alexa device and hear it blast out of your exceptional Bose SoundLink Revolve speakers. Note that if you unpair the two devices later, you would have to repeat this process (it will not take long, so that will not be an issue).
Alternate Option: The Bose Portable Smart Speakers
Suppose you consider this process a daunting task. In that case, you can diversify your options and invest in Bose’s speakers with the Alexa skill built-in. One potential option could be the Bose Portable Smart Speakers.
These come with all of the prominent features of Bose SoundLink Revolve. But they have something more to offer. They come with Wi-Fi connectivity and can be linked directly to Alexa. These two features essentially imply that you can use these as voice-enabled speakers. You just need to enable voice assistance in the Bose application and connect to Alexa once.
Here is what you need to do to use your Bose Portable Smart Speakers as voice-controlled speakers:
- Step 1: Access your Bose music app and tap on the ‘My Bose’ option located at the top left-hand side of your screen.
- Step 2: Select your Bose Portable Smart Speakers from the options. Then, go to settings and select ‘Voice Assistant.’ Choose ‘Alexa’ from the options presented.
- Step 3: Now, follow the on-screen directions prompted by the application and complete the process of linking your Amazon account to Bose.
Once done, you can use your Bose Portable Smart Speakers as voice-controlled ones without having to create that Bluetooth connection with your Alexa device first!
Wrapping up my thoughts on how to connect Bose SoundLink to Alexa!
If you do not mind putting in a little extra effort to pair your Bose SoundLink Revolve Speakers and Alexa device, I would suggest you stick to them. It hardly takes a few minutes but can be a bit inconvenient if you have to do it each time or if the Bluetooth pair fails for some unknown reason. In that case, investing in the Bose Portable Smart Speakers might be a better option. It is a bit pricier, but worth it if you can afford it and want to play a good sound hassle-free. All in all, both of these speakers by Bose are exceptional! So, make your choice according to your budget, needs and preference!