Apple brings newer and more innovative technologies to the market every year. Such technology is HomePod, a smart speaker like Amazon Echo. However, like every Apple product, one wonders whether HomePod is compatible with other brands.
If you’re an owner of a Samsung TV but are planning on buying HomePod, you must’ve thought, “Can Samsung TV use HomePod?”.
Sadly, the answer is no. Samsung TV cannot use HomePod as a speaker. You can only connect HomePod to your Samsung TV if your TV is connected to an Apple TV device. This way, HomePod will be able to connect to Samsung TV indirectly.
How do I connect HomePod with my Samsung TV?
Don’t fret if you’ve purchased a HomePod and own a Samsung TV. You can still connect the two using an Apple TV device. Just follow the easy instructions below to use Samsung TV with HomePod.
Requirements for connecting HomePods with Samsung TV
For connecting Samsung TV with HomePod, you need the following things:
- Apple TV 4K device
- Your TV supportable with ARC/eARC
By the ARC/eARC supportable TV, I mean the HDMI in your TV labeled as ARC. That’s the port where you need to connect your Apple TV 4K device.
How to set up HomePod stereo pair (for connecting two HomePods to Samsung TV)
If you own two Apple HomePods and want the best home cinema system experience, the following steps will help you create a HomePod stereo pair for connecting with your Samsung TV.
- Go to the Home App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Touch and hold one of the HomePods for a while.
- Then, scroll down and tap the cog icon.
- Now, tap on Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the desired HomePods you want to pair.
- Assign your HomePods to the correct channels by adjusting the audio output.
Your HomePod stereo pair is set up and ready to use now!
Create and set up a room
If you don’t already have a room set up, follow the steps below to do it:
- Visit your Home App on iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the + icon shown on the top-left and then tap on Add Room.
- Here you need to name your room, then Save it.
Now that you’re done creating a room, let’s assign your Apple TV 4K device and HomePod(s) to the same room in the Home app:
- Open up your Home App on iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the HomePod icon and hold it.
- Now, scroll down and tap Room.
- Then, select your desired room (or the one you just created using the steps above).
- Once you are done, tap the X icon to save your selection.
- Repeat the entire process for the Apple TV 4K device, adding it to the same room.
Setting up TV output
This is the final step where you will enable the eARC functionality on your Apple TV 4K in order to enable it to receive audio from the TV outputs and then transfer it to the HomePods.
Here, check whether your Samsung TV has the ARC/eARC functionality in a single HDMI port or not. If it does, then make sure you are connecting your Apple TV 4K to the right port.
As soon as you’re done ensuring the above things, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings application on your Apple TV 4K.
- Choose the Video and Audio option.
- After that, select the Audio Output option.
- Here, you need to choose HomePods as your default audio output.
- Then, choose Play Television Audio under Arc Return Channel (Beta).
Once done, your Apple TV 4K will check if your Samsung TV supports ARC/eARC. As soon as it has checked that, it will start the wireless audio transmission to your HomePods!
Can we connect multiple HomePods?
Yes, you can connect two HomePod Speakers in stereo pair. To do so, go to the Home app, then touch and hold one of the HomePods. Then, scroll down and tap on the cog icon. After that, tap on Create Stereo Pair and follow the instructions given on the screen.
Is there a “call each other” option in HomePods?
Yes, the HomePod and HomePod Mini can be used to place calls. The devices work in the same way as the Google Assistant Broadcast or Amazon Alexa Drop-In.
Does the HomePod always need to be plugged in?
Yes. HomePod does not have a battery; thus, it needs to be plugged in at all times to function. You will need a DC to AC converter in case of a normal AC power outlet.
Concluding my thoughts on whether Samsung TV can use HomePod!
HomePod is a very convenient technology that makes our daily tasks easier. However, if you wish to utilize your HomePod with a normal TV, issues might arise. Therefore, you need to follow the steps given above and carefully establish proper connections to use your HomePod with Samsung TV.
I hope this article was of help. Stay tuned for more!
Wondering how to get the most out of your Philips Hue sytem? Well, we've got 18 advanced tips to master illumination!
Is your Philips Hue light bulb a Z-wave? In this post we explain all there is to learn about the topic. To learn more read this article now!