Alexa has many skills that help you perform the most basic of tasks. This also includes skills that help you connect to other smart home devices and operate them through Alexa by voice command. If you have the Winix Air Purifier, you might be wondering if connecting it to Alexa and operating it by voice command is possible.
Yes, you can connect Winix to Alexa. You’ll first have to connect the air purifier to the Winix app, then install the Winix skill on your Alexa app to establish communication between the two.
This article will walk you through everything from downloading the Winix smart app to your mobile to connecting it to Alexa.
Installing the Winix app
The first thing you need to do is install the Winix app on your smartphones. Here is how you can do it;
- Install the Winix app from Play Store or App Store.
- Once installed, you will be asked to make an account on the Winix app.
- Enter all your credentials and make an account on the app.
Connecting the Winix Air Purifier to the Winix app
Once your account is made, you need to connect the Winix Air Purifier to the Winix app. To do this;
- Tap on Add a New Unit at the bottom of your screen.
- Select the unit you want to add.
- Bring your Winix unit near the Wi-Fi router for better connectivity. Optimal Wi-Fi connectivity (2.4 GHz Wi-Fi) is needed to register the Winix unit to the Winix app.
- After ensuring optimal Wi-Fi connectivity, you’ll be asked to enter your Wi-Fi password. Please enter the correct password.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi button on the Winix Air Purifier by pressing it for 3 to 5 seconds to enable the Wi-Fi.
- Now, connect the Winix unit to the Winix Smart Wi-Fi network through your mobile. You will get the option to connect to the WINIX SMART network in your mobile’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Once you are done connecting everything, tap Finish.
Connecting the Winix Air Purifier to Alexa
After you’ve connected the Winix Air Purifier to the Winix app, the next thing to do is to enable the Winix skill on Alexa. Here’s how you can do it;
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap on the Menu bar in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Skills and Games under the Menu bar.
- Type Winix in the search bar, and choose the Winix skill that pops up.
- Tap on Enable to use.
- Once you have enabled the Winix skill on the Alexa app, it will ask you to make an account.
- Enter the login credentials you used to make the Winix account and sign up.
- After successfully signing up, the Alexa app will tell you that Winix Smart Home Skill has been successfully linked.
- Now go to Devices at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on All Devices, and you will find the Winix Smart device there.
- Now, you can command Alexa to control your Winix Air purifier.
Final thoughts on how to connect Winix to Alexa
Alexa has made our lives ten times easier and is always looking to make them even more flexible. Controlling the Winix Air purifier with Alexa has indeed enabled us to get to know about our surroundings quite conveniently.
You only have to connect the Winix device to your mobile through the Winix app, then enable the Winix skill on Alexa, and you will get to control your Winix Air Purifier just by voice command.