If your home is equipped with an existing Ring Floodlight or you want to install a new one, you must’ve wondered about its installation position.
Are you curious about whether you can position your Ring floodlight horizontally? Well, we are here to accurately answer all your queries! Let’s dive into it.
The ideal position for Ring Floodlight installation is vertical, as it was originally created to perform best in vertical position. However, you can safely mount it horizontally. To do so, you need to adjust the camera ball-socket mount and rotate it 180°. All you need is a screwdriver and a few seconds to securely mount the Ring Floodlight horizontally.
Ring Floodlight has a design flaw; it was originally created to be mounted vertically, not horizontally. Hence, positioning it horizontally might give rise to some issues.
Installing the Ring Floodlight horizontally can mess with the light’s motion and light sensors, resulting in a disrupted working of the device. Furthermore, placing the Ring Floodlight horizontally can meddle with your device’s field of view.
This can impact the performance of your device adversely and become a hindrance in the recording. Thus, most people do not recommend or advise mounting your Ring Floodlight horizontally.
On the other hand, hundreds of Ring Floodlight users have managed to successfully install their Ring Floodlight horizontally by adjusting the camera socket by a certain angle through various methods.
What is an ideal way to install the Ring Floodlight horizontally?
We are listing down the steps you need to know in order to securely mount the Ring Floodlight horizontally without having to compromise on the operation of your device.
- Use the screwdriver that comes in the box with your Ring floodlight to effortlessly remove the screw that manages the camera/ motion sensor’s angle.
- After, you have managed to unfasten the screw. Take out the camera from the ball and socket connector.
- Next, rotate the camera and adjust it exactly to 180 degrees in such a manner that now the screw is positioned at the top of the camera.
- Lastly, you need to accurately place the camera back in the ball and socket holder and secure it with a screw that you unfastened initially.
The entirety of this process of installation of the Ring Floodlight horizontally will hardly take a few minutes. In addition, this process has proved to be an ideal way of installing a Ring Floodlight horizontally without affecting its working.
In case the method mentioned above does not seem to be working for your Ring Floodlight positioned horizontally, there is another method you can opt for.
Before proceeding to the alternate method, let us notify you that the below-mentioned method will permanently alter the ball and socket holder of your device. This might result in the termination of your Ring Floodlight’s warrant. Now, as you have been notified about the possible outcome, let us move onto the actual method:
- Firstly, find a screwdriver and make use of it to unfasten the screw that manages the camera and motion sensors.
- After you have managed to unfasten the screw, carefully take out the camera from its ball and socket connector.
- Look for a sharp tool that will enable you to easily cut or grind the ball-and-socket connector of the camera according to your requirement. In this way, your camera angle will be able to move up without any hindrance.
The method mentioned above might take longer than expected. Moreover, it requires a specific and quite sharp tool to grind and shape the ball and socket holder of the Ring Floodlight.
One more thing that you are required to be extremely careful about is, make sure you grind the ball and socket holder very firmly with extra precision; if not, you might end up cutting the wiring of the Ring Floodlight.
Here is a quick guide to help you understand whether Ring devices are waterproof!
As you are now equipped with two guaranteed methods of ensuring a great camera/motion sensor angle, you are fully ready to install the Ring Floodlight horizontally.
One of the most important things that you must keep in your mind before proceeding with the installation of the Ring Floodlight horizontally is, make sure to turn off the main power. In this way, you will be able to save yourself from any possible injury or damage.
After turning off the power, you can proceed to follow the below-mentioned instructions to replace your previous light fixture with a new Ring Floodlight.
- Firstly, you are required to remove the previously existing fixture completely. You can do so by removing a few screws.
- You will come across exposed wires. Remove the wire nuts. You might want to use a voltmeter here to double-check whether the power is zero in order to avoid the risk of any casualty.
- Disconnect the wires and remove the previous fixture fully, plus any previous mounting hardware.
- Next, position the new Ring Floodlight’s bracket and tighten it with screws. You are advised to position the bracket very accurately as its placement will ultimately affect the working of your device.
- Connect all the required wires according to their color codes.
- Now, push the Floodlight into the mounting screws and secure it with the nuts that came with it.
- By now, you can adjust the angle of the camera by loosening the back screw.
- You can adjust each LED light by loosening and tightening the brackets by hand.
- You can make use of the Ring smart app to complete the setup of the Ring Floodlight. This app is readily available on App Store as well as the Play Store.
There is a lot of confusion regarding the horizontal installation of the Ring Floodlight. We assure you it is completely secure and very much possible to position your Ring Floodlight horizontally without having to compromise on your device’s functionality.
The most uncomplicated method to achieve a secure horizontal placement of your Ring Floodlight is rotating the ball and socket holder of your device by 180 degrees. Moreover, this method merely requires a screwdriver and a few minutes. We hope this article was sufficient in guiding you regarding the horizontal installation of your Ring Floodlight.
Wondering how to get the most out of your Philips Hue sytem? Well, we've got 18 advanced tips to master illumination!
Is your Philips Hue light bulb a Z-wave? In this post we explain all there is to learn about the topic. To learn more read this article now!