The iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuums have revolutionized the experience of cleaning homes. They make your life easier and hassle-free and help you forget about your cleaning chores altogether, using many new features, including remembering your floor plans.
This brings us to the question;Can Roomba be used on multiple floors? Yes, Roomba can remember multiple floor plans, up to 10 unique spaces.
Can Roomba vacuum map multiple floor plans?
Yes, the newer versions of Roomba, including the all-new Roomba i7, can create unique maps of at least 10 floor plans using the new Imprint Smart Mapping technology. Some of the Roomba models with Imprint Smart Mapping are:
- Roomba i8
- Roomba i7
- Roomba s9
- Roomba j7
Apart from this, Roomba’s smart mop Braava M6 also has the Imprint Smart Mapping feature.
How to use Roomba on multiple floors?
When you launch your Roomba in a place that it doesn’t recognize, it will automatically use its iAdapt 3.0 Navigation System to start a new map immediately. It will take only one or two runs to map out the entire floor in the vacuum’s memory. However, any Roomba cannot climb stairs, so it has to be carried manually between floors. Here is a simple guide on how to use iRobot Roomba on multiple floors:
- Carry your Roomba Vacuum to the desired floor and place it.
- Press the Clean button on the vacuum.
- Let your Roomba run and map out the new floor using its sensors.
- The same steps can be repeated for up to 10 unique floors.
Note: This process might take a couple of turns, but your Roomba will recognize the new space just as well as the original one!
Can Roomba have multiple home bases?
Yes, Roomba can have 2 home bases and can recharge on different floors, especially if it needs multiple recharges to clean a larger space. The Roomba automatically finds the nearest home base after it is done cleaning and disposes of the dirt from its container.
Having more than one home base makes your cleaning job even easier when you have to use Roomba on multiple floors. The only downside is the price of a separate Roomba Home Base. Although it is still a lot cheaper than buying a new Roomba altogether, it is still a big-budget amount.
Which Roomba vacuum is best for cleaning multiple floors?
Any Roomba model can clean up to 10 floors, but the best option would be Roomba i7+ or the premium version Roomba S9+. Here are the features that make themthe best iRobot Roomba Vacuums for cleaning multiple floors:
- Auto-empty Base: This feature enables your Roomba to automatically empty the dust container without having to remove and empty the containers manually on each floor multiple times.
- Imprint Smart Mapping: This feature enables your Roomba to optimize the battery timings and the speed of cleaning the space by learning, mapping, and adapting to your floor space.
How to setup up ImprintTM Link on Roomba?
The ImprintTM Link can be setup in Roomba using both the iRobot Home Application or an Amazon Alexa enabled device, and it enables automated cleaning on your robot vacuums.
Here is how to set up ImprintTM Link using iRobot Home App on iRobot Roomba:
- Launch the iRobot Home Application on your mobile or tablet.
- Click on New Job “+” to add a new job.
- Choose the rooms you want to vacuum or select All if you want.
- If you want to mop afterward using the Braavo Mop, click on Mop After from the top right of the New Job Page.
Here is how to set up ImprintTM Link using Amazon Alexa on iRobot Roomba:
- Launch your Alexa voice assistant on your Amazon Alexa-enabled device.
- Say, “Alexa, ask Roomba to vacuum/clean the room”.
- You can also enable the Braava Mop by saying, “Alexa, ask Roomba to vacuum and Braava to mop”.
Note: You can always specify the room to be cleaned by using the words “bedroom”, “living room,” or “kitchen”.
How long does it take Roomba to map a new floor?
It usually takes 3 to 5 mapping runs for the Imprint Smart Map to develop. Therefore, you can schedule a regular cleaning or also take more turns in one day to make the mapping quicker.
On the other hand, you can also enable the Mapping-only Run option on your Roomba to make it move around the house in a low power mode; this is a quicker way to map out a specific space.
Which model of iRobot Roomba robot vacuum is best for multiple floors?
The iRobot Roomba Vacuum i7 is the most suitable model launched so far for cleaning multiple floors. It is also more economical than the new versions of iRobot Roomba, including the all-new Roomba S9, which is only a fraction of the cost of other robot vacuums in the market. Some of the added new features and benefits of iRobot Roomba i7 include:
- Automatic dirt container cleaning feature to make your cleaning experience 100% hassle-free.
- No manual cleaning is needed at all.
- Floor space mapping out feature using the Navigation System and highly automated sensors, so there is no need to manually shift the vacuum anywhere.
- The persistent maps feature enables you to command your Roomba to go anywhere on the floor.
Related FAQs to Roomba and multiple floors!
Can the Roomba vacuum climb stairs?
No, unfortunately, none of the models of Roomba vacuum can be mapped to climb between stairs at the moment. It will treat the stairs like any other obstacle and avoids them.
Can I pick up my Roomba and move it to another floor?
Yes, you can always manually shift your Roomba between different floors.
How do I add another floor to my Roomba?
Just take your Roomba Vacuum to a new floor, and it will automatically map out that floor; it is smart enough to do that.
What happens if I move Roomba home base?
The Roomba will automatically go to the new location of the home base after cleaning if it is on the same floor. However, if the home base is on a different floor, you have to manually shift your Roomba back to that floor.
How do I get my Roomba to clean a specific room?
You can always pair up your Roomba with Alexa Voice assistant and specify to clean a specific room in your house such as “kitchen” or “living room”.
How often should I clean using Roomba vacuum?
It is always better to clean more often, especially if the house is mostly carpeted and has an open plan. Although, on average, 5 to 7 times every week would be sufficient to keep the house clean.
How often do I empty the container of my Roomba robot vacuum?
The iRobot Roomba has spacious containers, and they can store a lot of dirt at one time. However, depending on how much dirt the vacuum cleans, it usually has to be emptied once or twice a month.
How long will my Roomba robot vacuum last?
Depending on its usage and care taken, usually, a Roomba Vacuum has an average life of 4 to 6 years.
Final thoughts on whether Roomba can be used on multiple floors!
You can easily use your iRobot Roomba Vacuum on multiple floors, and you do not have to buy a separate Roomba for every floor. Even though you will have to manually carry it upstairs and downstairs, it is still a real time-saver!
Wondering how to get the most out of your Philips Hue sytem? Well, we've got 18 advanced tips to master illumination!
Is your Philips Hue light bulb a Z-wave? In this post we explain all there is to learn about the topic. To learn more read this article now!