It is such a nice feeling when you find a song that tunes right into your heart. However, the feeling turns bitter when you cannot find the name of the song that made you dance to its tunes.
Google’s “Hum to Search” and apps like SoundHound can find a song if you hum the music, but can Siri find a song by humming?
No, Siri cannot find a song by humming. It can only tell you the name of the song that is already playing.
This article will discuss ways to help you find a song by humming and identifying songs through a phone.
Use Siri to find a song
On most Apple products, including the Apple Watch, Siri can identify a song, but it needs to be the song’s original version. Siri won’t recognize your singing or humming.
To find a song through Siri, play the song and then;
- Say “Hey Siri”, or hold down the power button or digital crown on an Apple Watch or an iPhone for a few seconds.
- Then ask Siri, “What music is this?”.
- Siri will identify the music and provide an Apple Music link for it.
Alternatives to Siri for finding a song by humming
Google “Hum to Search” for songs
The Google search app has recently launched its Hum to Search feature. This machine-learning technique uses auditory cues to find the song’s title online.
When the search function is activated, users have to tap the mic button and then “Search a song” to access the music search option and hum the song.
It is also OK to sing or whistle the song, and Google will use models to turn it into a number-based sequence to describe the melody before comparing it to other songs.
Here is how you can do this:
- Tap on the “mic” button on the right side of Google’s search bar.
- Tap on “Search a song”.
- Start humming the tune of the song you want to listen to and wait for the results. This will usually take 10-15 seconds at most.
- Google will show you a list of songs that match the humming sound you sang. If the song you need is not included in the top 3 results, you can click on “More Results” until you find the song you want.
- Keep repeating the steps above until you find the song.
SoundHound to find a song by humming
SoundHound is the only app option that helps you find a song by humming. You can search and discover any song of your choice using the app’s voice command feature. The app works on both Android and iOS devices.
Here’s how you can use the SoundHound app to find a song by humming:
- Install the SoundHound app on your phone.
- Tap on the orange button and start humming the song you wish to find.
In addition, SoundHound has a section called Top Songs that displays the most well-liked songs based on user searches and listening habits.
Even though Siri can recognize the song that is already playing, it cannot find a song by humming. However, Google’s “Hum to Search” feature and the SoundHound app are the two options through which you can find the song stuck in your head. Make use of these alternatives and find any song you want!
Wondering how to get the most out of your Philips Hue sytem? Well, we've got 18 advanced tips to master illumination!
Is your Philips Hue light bulb a Z-wave? In this post we explain all there is to learn about the topic. To learn more read this article now!