Nowadays, life has become pretty hassle-free thanks to robot vacuums such as Roomba. These vacuums clean up the floor all by themselves, saving you loads of time and energy. However, the market is full of so many amazing Roomba models that finding the best one is difficult.
Therefore, I’ve compared Roomba s9 and Roomba 890 for you! Starting from the features down to their differences and similarities. Read on to pick the best one for you!
Which version is better, Roomba s9 or Roomba 960?
The main difference between Roomba s9 and Roomba 960 is that Roomba s9 is the strongest robotic vacuum that is capable of cleaning crooks and edges efficiently with the assistance of side brushes. On the other hand, Roomba 960 comes with a built-in camera which greatly aids in displaying complete view for spotless cleaning.
Lots of individuals struggle to choose between various models of Roomba cleaning robots as almost all the models have competitive yet convincing features. If you are struggling to decide whether you should invest in Roomba s9 or Roomba 960, we are here to clear your confusion and help you make a worthwhile decision. Read through the below-mentioned detailed analysis of both the models, and you will make up your mind in no time.
The fundamental differences between the Roomba s9 and the Roomba 960 are:
- Roomba s9 has a built-in anti-Allergan entity; on the other hand, Roomba 960 has a filth detection in-built feature.
- Roomba s9 has side brushes attached to its body which assist in cleaning closed spaces and crooks of anything efficiently, whereas Roomba 960 has a camera present in its internal body.
- Roomba s9 comes with a power boost characteristic for carpets and hard surfaces, while Roomba 960 roughly weighs around 8.6 pounds.
- Roomba s9 has a D-shaped body that encompasses a glossy copper center; on the contrary, Roomba 960 has a completely round body that is black in color.
The Roomba s9 operates in a three-step cleaning process. It features twin multi-surface rubber brushes as the main brush, a corner brush, and the strongest suction power. The Roomba s9 is the latest technology, and it is 40 times more powerful than the previous models. If such strength is not sufficient, you can switch on the power boost option for ultimate suction strength; this feature assists you greatly in cleaning carpets and rugs, leaving them squeaky clean.
- The Roomba s9 stands out among other Roomba models because of its unexampled exterior and shape. The Roomba s9 comes with a D-shaped body which was never seen before. Along with this extraordinary shape, Roomba s9 features a shiny copper center on its body, which greatly compliments its unique D-shape body.
- This glossy copper center does more than just add to the beauty of Roomba s9. It serves as a lid that can give you access to the dustbin. The movable light ring surrounding the center informs you about the current status of Roomba s9, while the D-shape enables the device to maneuver through edges and crooks efficiently.
- Although Roomba s9 is not as slim as the other models, that is why it won’t help you much in cleaning surfaces underneath the low-height furniture.
- The PerfectEdge feature in Roomba s9 possesses a revolving brush on the corner of the device, which helps greatly in reaching places where other models usually cannot reach.
- Unlike other models, Roomba s9 has a 5 brush propeller set in order to suck dirt away from the surface with more force.
- The Roomba s9 comes with an accessorized remote control which can help you navigate and control all the settings for the Roomba s9.
- Apart from the remote control option, you can connect your Roomba s9 to your smartphone as well for smart voice commands.
- You can also set and manage cleaning schedules on Roomba s9.
- You can even control your Roomba s9 when you are away from home with your smartphone.
- One of the best features of Roomba s9 is that you can map out rooms and feed to data, and your robotic cleaning device will tidy up your place on its own.
The Roomba s9 has generally received a rating of 4.6 stars out of 5 on iRobot.com and BestBuy.com from consumers. On Amazon, the Roomba s9 has a rating of around 3.6 stars out of 5.
Does these Roomba model work on concrete? Read this guide to find out!
We do understand that some people do not have the vast budget that is needed to buy Roomba s9; hence we are here with a cheap alternative. Roomba 960 is one of the most affordable models of the iRobots series. It is one of the lowest-priced devices from the company; even at this low price, Roomba 960 won’t fail to amaze you with its features. The Roomba 960 operates on a three-step cleaning mechanism with sufficient vacuum power. Moreover, it has dual multi-surface rubber brushes that regulate themselves on their own for complete cleaning.
- On the top of the Roomba 960 body, you will find various buttons that will help you command the device. These buttons include a huge button for cleaning and another spot clean button.
- The most interesting feature of the Roomba 960 is that this device has a built-in camera and handle, which gives you a complete sight for cleaning efficiently.
- The Roomba 960 has a wide range of color schemes which includes matte blacks and silver tones.
- In addition to all the above-mentioned features, the Roomba 960 also has a set of bumper rings present on its exterior. These bumper rings serve as a safety feature as they minimize the damage when the device bumps into any obstacle.
- Unfortunately, the Roomba 960 is missing out on having a separate remote control.
- You are supposed to control your Roomba 960 through the various buttons present on the topmost part of the device’s body.
- Although you can still connect your Roomba 960 to your smartphone and manage your device from there, the operations of the app are somehow limited as compared to the Roomba s9.
Surprisingly, the Roomba 960 has received a very high rating of 4.6 stars out of 5 on BestBuy.com. The Roomba 960 also managed to land 4.1 stars out of 5 ratings on Amazon by plenty of users.
On the company’s own online site iRobots.com the Roomba 960 has received an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5.
The Roomba 960 retails for one-third less than the cost of Roomba s9. Moreover, the Roomba 960 proved to work much better than the Roomba s9 on soft surfaces and rugs. The maintenance cost of the Roomba 960 is also significantly less than that of the Roomba s9.
The Roomba s9 battery is calculated to run for approximately 2 hours, while that of the Roomba 960 has proven to run for 75 minutes.
Here is another comparison report that will interest you. Read differences between e5 and e6!
Similarities between the Roomba s9 and the Roomba 960
The Roomba s9 and the Roomba 960 share some similar characteristics. Both of these models make use of the exact same high-efficiency filters in order to trap dust competently. Each of these Roomba devices are capable of recharging on their own when required. Moreover, both of these Roomba devices operate through the iRobot Dirt Detect technology.
We do agree that choosing between two Roombas is pretty tough; however, your budget might be able to help you decide which Roomba device you should be investing money that you earned with your hard work. The Roomba s9 is the latest Roomba device that has landed on the market, and it encompasses all the modern tools and features. On the other hand, the Roomba 960 is a more affordable yet useful enough version of the Roomba s9.