Utilizing the Siri Calendar on your iPhone makes it simple to stay organized. Siri makes it incredibly easy to add or access calendar entries without pausing to enter all the details. But can Siri make appointments for you?
Yes, Siri can make appointments. The appointment will both be added to your calendar, and an invite will be sent to that specific contact.
Let’s discuss the details of how you can make Siri take appointments for you.
Set up a new appointment using Siri
To make a new appointment using Siri, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Hold down the Home or Power button, or just say “Hey Siri” to activate Siri.
- Let Siri know about the date and day of your appointment, along with their name if relevant. For instance, you can say, “Siri, lunch with Martin on Saturday, September 10 at 2 PM”.
- Make sure to tell Siri which calendar you want your event to appear on if you have several calendars. If you don’t do this, the appointment will just switch to your default calendar.
- After that, Siri will show a preview of your event and prompt you for confirmation.
- If the event information is incorrect, you can ask Siri to change the information.
- If you decide to change your mind, you can also cancel the event.
- Say “Yes” or touch Confirm when Siri asks if you want to add the appointment to your calendar.
Also read: Can Siri edit notes?
Update calendar events with Siri
In case you want to make a few updates to your calendar or schedule, you can ask Siri to make the adjustments. Here is how:
- Activate Siri in the same way mentioned above.
- Tell Siri that you want to change this particular event. For instance, you can say, “Siri, please move my lunch with Martin on Thursday to Friday at the same time.”
- Siri will ask you to confirm what you just told her, so tap Yes. Siri will now send another invite to your contact, stating the rescheduled information.
View and check the calendar with Siri
If you forget what meetings and appointments you have scheduled, then worry no more because Siri can help you view and check your calendar. Just follow the steps below!
- Activate Siri as mentioned above.
- Ask Siri what meeting or appointment you have scheduled today. For instance, you can say, “Hey Siri, what is my schedule today?” or “What is on my calendar for Saturday?”.
- After you ask Siri about your schedule, she will tell you if you have anything scheduled. She will read off everything you have to do on that particular day.
Also read: Can siri keep a grocery list?
Cancel appointments with Siri
You can use Siri to cancel your appointments as well. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Activate Siri as explained above.
- Let Siri know about the appointment that you want to cancel. For instance, you can say;
“Hey Siri, cancel my lunch with Martin, which was scheduled for Saturday, September 10, 2022”.
In case you have multiple events scheduled, Siri will ask you which event you want to cancel specifically.
- Tap Confirm or say “Yes” when Siri asks for confirmation.
Final thoughts on whether Siri can make appointments
Siri is your go-to assistant if you are a busy person. This AI-driven tool helps you stay organized and at the top of your game by helping you manage your calendar. However, it is still a robot and not perfect, so there might be some miscommunication every now and then, so be aware of that!