In the present times, it is extremely crucial for you to equip your residence and property with proper security systems and devices that ensure round-the-clock protection against any kind of intrusion. The latest technology and innovation have resolved our security issues to a great extent. One such product of the latest technology for security is the infamous eufy doorbell. I will give you every piece of information you need regarding the installation of the eufy doorbell.
The eufy doorbell is an electronic bell that enables you to talk to visitors in real-time. Moreover, this device informs you about any presence outside your home beforehand. The eufy doorbell has become a common household item.
Wireless eufy doorbells can be installed without turning the power off. However, you should always turn off the power before installing a wired eufy doorbell to avoid electrocution. This is because, during the installation process, you will have to come in contact with the wires, which could be dangerous if they still have current within them.
Installing the eufy doorbell is super easy. Listed below are a few steps to guide you on how to do so easily:
- Firstly, install the eufy app on your cell phone.
- Register your electronic doorbell by scanning the QR code present on the eufy doorbell’s packaging.
- Run a check on your previous doorbell’s working and find out where it rings in your home.
- Turn the power off.
- Then, look for the doorbell cover and remove it.
- Connect the two terminals marked as TRANS and FRONT.
- Detach the previous doorbell while simultaneously uncoiling the wires.
- Securely position the eufy doorbell bracket in place of the previous doorbell.
- Pull out the wires through the holes present on the eufy doorbell’s bracket.
- Connect wires to the backside of the doorbell through the holes.
- Remove the protective film from the eufy doorbell bracket.
- Position the eufy doorbell in its bracket, which you have already fixed on the wall.
- Now, you can turn on the power.
- Lastly, refer to the eufy app installed on your phone to continue setting up the eufy doorbell.
As it’s pretty evident from the above-mentioned steps, you will need to switch off your power momentarily in order to install the eufy doorbell. However, if you cannot manage to endure even a few minutes of a power outage, there is a long list of alternates you can choose from according to your convenience.
If even a few moments of a power outage are causing hindrance for you, you can always choose a wireless eufy doorbell. The good news is, you are not required to turn off the power system of your house in order to install and set up a wireless eufy doorbell.
As the latest wireless eufy doorbell is a battery-operated version, you will not have to meddle with any wires. Thus, it’s safe enough to be installed with the power turned on.
In order to install a wireless eufy doorbell, follow the simple steps below:
- Before proceeding with anything, install the eufy app on your smartphone.
- Next, register your device by scanning the QR code present on the wireless eufy doorbell’s packaging.
- Set up the home device, which came with your wireless eufy doorbell using the instructions on the eufy app.
- Drill holes in the place you wish to place your wireless eufy doorbell.
- Place the wireless eufy doorbell bracket and secure it with screws. Before tightening the screws, make sure to set the angle according to your convenience.
- Position your wireless eufy doorbell in its bracket, which you have already successfully mounted on the wall.
And that’s how you can install the eufy doorbell without turning off the power!
In case you have already purchased a wired eufy doorbell, and to your surprise, your house is not prewired for installing it, you do not need to be disappointed. Let me break it down for you.
Surprisingly, you can still use the wired eufy doorbell without the existing wires. For doing so, all you need to do is purchase a specific adapter. This will enable you to place your eufy doorbell and connect it to the external power outlet located outside your home.
Simply buy the adapter, plug it in, and connect it to the power supply. This adapter is also known as a doorbell power adapter and is available in most hardware stores.
Although there is one major drawback to this procedure, the wiring outside your home will be pretty visible to everyone. Anyone can conveniently cut the wires to disrupt your video. In order to curb this issue, you are advised to drill a hole and run your wires through the wall to conceal them. This way, you will have a secure eufy doorbell installation, plus the aesthetics of your home will not be ruined either.
Turning the main power off during the eufy doorbell installation greatly depends on whether the doorbell is wired or wireless. Both the installation processes have been discussed above for your ease. Just make sure to turn the power off whenever you’re dealing with the wires, and you’re good to go!