Owning a Samsung TV comes with its own perks. Great brightness and contrast, excellent smart TV controls, and much more. However, things get annoying when everything works perfectly except the volume on your Samsung TV. Is the volume on your Samsung TV locked? Well, how do you unlock volume on a Samsung TV?
Let’s solve this and clarify any other related queries you might have!
Put in the default pin code: 0000. If this doesn’t work, then you need to reset the pin to 0000.
- Start by pressing the POWER button.
- Then, mute the TV.
- Next, press the numbers 8, 2, 4.
- Now press the POWER button again.
- Go to the V-chip/Parental lock in the menu and turn it off.
If your volume display is stuck, go through each step below to fix it. If one step doesn’t work, proceed to the next fix.
- Turn off the smart hub’s AUTORUN or reset the smart hub if that doesn’t work.
- Delete unused apps by going to Settings, then Support, Device Care, Manage Storage, then Unused Apps, then Delete.
- Reset your Samsung TV Sound. Go to Settings, then Sound, then Expert Settings, Reset Sound, then finally Reset.
- Reset your Samsung TV to factory settings. Go to Settings, then General, then Reset.
If your volume display is stuck, you can remove it by going through these steps:
- Restart your Samsung TV (you can simply plug out the main cord from the socket).
- Then, wait for a minute or two and plug your TV back in.
- On switching on your TV, the volume display should disappear.
What to do if the volume display is not showing on my Samsung TV?
In case the volume display is not showing on your Samsung TV, here is how you can curb this issue:
- Disconnect the soundbar to see if it is the issue. You may need to use other speakers in this case.
- If that’s not the case, then reset your Samsung TV to factory settings.
What to do if Samsung TV Enable/Disable volume is not present?
To access the Enable/Disable volume option, go to Settings, then Sound, then select Expert Settings. Navigate to Select Sound Feedback, and adjust the sound.
How to resolve the issue of Samsung TV volume turning down automatically?
Stop your Samsung TV from turning the volume down automatically using the following steps:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Navigate to Sound, then select Expert Settings.
- Choose the HDMI Input Audio Format option.
- Then, change the Bitstream to PCM.
Your Samsung TV is turning the volume up due to Intelligent Mode, which takes the room’s noise into account before adjusting the volume itself. Follow the steps below to gain control over volume again:
- Go to General.
- Then, navigate to Intelligent Mode Settings.
- Shut these setting off.
If your Samsung TV keeps muting, try one of the fixes below:
- Reset your remote. Take the batteries out from your remote, and keep pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
- Reset the TV. Set your Samsung TV to standby by going to Info, Menu, Mute, and finally Power. Once the service menu is turned on, you can select Reset.
Your TV will then go into Plug and Play mode when it is turned on to reset the digital and analog tuner.
What to do if your Samsung TV won’t mute?
If your Samsung TV won’t mute, check if the batteries are working or not. Replace them if they’re weak or dead. If that doesn’t work, take the batteries out from the remote, press the power button for 10 seconds, then turn the power on.
What to do if my Samsung TV’s volume is too low/high?
If your Samsung TV’s volume is stuck on too low or too high, try one of the measures below:
- Check for updates. Go to Settings, then Support, then Software Update. Update your TV.
- A Cable issue. Test your cable by going to Settings, Support, then Self Diagnosis, then Signal Information, HDMI, Cable Test, then Start Test. If the result says that the cable is bad, you need to disconnect and reconnect the cable or replace it.
What to do if my Samsung TV has no sound?
If your Samsung TV has no sound, go to Menu, then Support, select Self Diagnosis, then Sound Test. If the TV’s speaker is producing sound, the issue is with the soundbar or the external speakers.
Wrapping up my thoughts on how to unlock volume on Samsung TV!
Relaxing in front of the TV screen is the best part of one’s hectic day. Any minor inconvenience during this unwinding session can prove to be a nuisance. Therefore, I have provided you with fixes to all the possible volume issues you can face with your Samsung TV.